The Piper PA-25 was originally developed by Fred Weick as the AG-3. The prototype was flown
first in 1957. The AG-3 and thus the Piper PA-25 was evolved from the Texas A&M College Aircraft
Research Center AG-1 Agricultural plane. Fred Weick designed the AG-1 at Texas A&M in 1950. In
the design of the AG-1 crop-duster safety recommendations were incorporated, done by Hugh DeHaven and
Howard Hasbrook. Deliveries of the Piper PA-25 Pawnee started in August 1959 with the PA-25-150, powered
by a 150 hp Lycoming O-320 engine. Deliveries of the more powerful PA-25-235 with a 235 hp Lycoming
O-540-B2B5 six-cylinder air-cooled engine began in 1962. Production of the Piper PA-25 ceased
in 1982, with 5015 built.
On 1 September 1977, the 1976-built Piper PA-25-235 Pawnee s/n 25-7756014 was registered G-BEOT in the UK
with Moonraker Aviation Company Ltd., Marlsborough. On 5 July 1989, registration G-BEOT was cancelled as
exported to Sweden. On 16 August 1989, the aircraft was registered SE-KKC in Sweden
with a privat owner.On 25 August 2008, the SE-KKC was registered with Segelflugschule Oerlinghausen e.V., Oerlinghausen, Germany. The next day,
registration SE-KKC was cancelled as exported to Germany and registered D-ESYY with Segelflugschule Oerlinghausen e.V., Oerlinghausen.
On 15 May 2015, Piper PA-25-235 Pawnee D-ESYY was seen at Flugplatz Oerlinghausen in Germany service in
as glider tug with Segelflugschule Oerlinghausen