KLM Aerocarto was founded in 1921 by the KLM as "Fototechnisch Bedrijf". KLM Aerocarto started
as an oblique photography company using KLM aircraft. In the early 1930s, they received their
first vertical camera. The first aircraft to be designated especial for KLM Aerocarto was the
Fokker F.VIIa PH-ADR (ex H-NADP; H-NADR) which was re-registered PH-OTO on 14 December 1931. KLM
Aerocarto operated over the years a wide range of aeroplanes, including Pipers and Cessna's,
two Pilatus PC-6 Porter, two Douglas DC-3C and a De Havilland DH.89A Dragon Rapide.
On 25 May 1961, Pilatus PC-6/H2 Porter s/n 518 was registered PH-OTB in the Netherlands with KLM NV, Den Haag. Porter PH-OTB
entered service with KLM Aerocarto and replaced the De Havilland DH.89A Dragon Rapide PH-OTA. On 11 July 1972, after being retired from service with KLM
Aerocarto, the PH-OTB was registered with Para Club Icarus at Hilversum airfield. On 5 February 1996, registration PH-OTB was cancelled.
The Porter was registered N6251U from 26 February 1996 to 19 May 1997. On 18 February 1998, the Porter was registered F-GMVS in France
SARL Baulip Sports, Paris. On 2 February 2007, the F-GMVS was registered with SARL OJB Parachutisme, aerodrome de Mimizan. On 27 April 1968,
the KLM Aerocarto Pilatus PC-6/H2 Porter PH-OTB was seen in it's original red /white colors at Groningen Airport Eelde.